At Greentube business is booming. However, for the last few years they have faced increasing problems scaling their product and headcount.
Like many orgs, Greentube has a complicated SQL Server backend which supports many apps.
In 2016, despite best efforts, the database was not in source control, deployments were manual and the production database schemas were out of sync. The core database team was struggling to keep up with the business’s rapid growth because so much time was wasted firefighting unexpected issues.
The business recognised that the database was a bottleneck on the company’s growth. And that was an expensive problem.
Come and learn from Manoj Lona, the DB Team Lead at Greentube, and Alex Yates, a DLM Consultant from DLM Consultants, about how last year they made the necessary technical and organisational changes that today enable GreenTube to deploy their database at the click of a button – allowing them to scale their product and headcount to meet business demand.
- Intro video
- Demo source code
- How to build multiple database versions from the same source: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, Alex Yates (b|t)
- Automatically link databases to Red Gate SQL Source Control, Alessandro Alpi (b|t)
- The Phoenix Project, Gene Kim (b|t), Kevin Behr (b|t) and George Spafford (t)
- Where To Learn More About Concepts In “The Phoenix Project”, Gene Kim (b|t)
- Exit video
Other talks I’ve delivered
- DevOps 101 for data professionals – how your jobs will change
- Database version control and deployment – model or migration scripts
- Getting CI Right for SQL Server
- Containers and Clones – Provision many giant SQL Servers in seconds on a tiny HDD
- Database DevOps Anti-Patterns
- The GDPR and DLM
- My full speaker schedule
Support with Database Lifecycle Management (DLM), Database DevOps and the GDPR
If you are looking for DLM training or consultancy DLM Consultants can help. We offer on-site consultancy as well as online workshops. Our full public workshops schedule is here.
To read more about our services or to contact us head to www.dlmconsultants.com.